Other Medicare health plans
Medicare Cost Plans
Medicare Cost Plans are a type of Medicare health plan available in certain areas of the country.
Here are important facts about Medicare Cost Plans:
- You can join even if you only have Part B.
- If you have Part A and Part B and go to a non-network provider, the services are covered under Original Medicare. You would pay the Part A and Part B coinsurance and deductible.
- You can join anytime the plan is accepting new members.
- You can leave anytime and return to Original Medicare.
- You can either get your Medicare prescription drug coverage from the plan (if offered), or you can join a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan (Part D).
Another type of Medicare Cost Plan only provides coverage for Part B services. These plans never include Part D. Part A services are covered through Original Medicare. These plans are either sponsored by employer or union group health plans or offered by companies that don’t provide Part A services.
For more information about Medicare Cost Plans, contact the plans you’re interested in.
Demonstrations and pilot programs, (also called “research studies”) are special projects that test improvements in Medicare coverage, payment, and quality of care. They usually operate only for a limited time for a specific group of people and/or are offered only in specific areas. Check with the demonstration or pilot program for more information about how it works.
Programs of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE)
PACE (Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly) is a Medicare/Medicaid program that helps people meet health care needs in community.
Medication Therapy Management programs
If you’re in a Medicare drug plan, you can learn how to manage your medications through a free Medication Therapy Management (MTM) program. Through the MTM you’ll get:
- A list of your medications and the reasons why you take them
- An action plan to help you make the best use of your medications
- A summary of your medication review with your doctor or pharmacist
Reach out to any of our qualified team members for answers to additional questions you may have about other Medicare Plans.